2017 National Senior Games - JUNE 2-15, 2017
Volunteer Registration is Open!
The National Senior Games is the largest multi-sport event in the world for senior athletes. It has been held every two years since 1987 at host cities from coast to coast, and most recently Minneapolis, Minnesota in 2015. Birmingham, Alabama is excited to play host to The Games in 2017! Men and women 50 and over qualify in odd numbered years at sanctioned state games, and we hope to attract over 10,000 athletes to compete in 19 medal sports in the 2017 National Senior Games Presented by Humana. We are thrilled to be hosting this prestigious event and for the opportunity to deliver a great experience, showcase our amazing city and venues, and highlight the wonderful culture we have here in Alabama!
The following sports for 50+ athletes will be provided:
|Basketball||Pickleball||Softball||Track & Field|
|Cycling||Racquetball||Table Tennis||Judo (Demo Sport)|
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Be part of an exciting multi-sport event for athletes 50 and over
- Show your Birmingham Pride!
- Give back to your community
- Volunteer with your friends and HAVE FUN!
- Networking opportunities
- Meet our incredible athletes from all over the country
- Volunteers will receive 2017 National Senior Games apparel
- Athlete Registration
- Athlete Village
- Airport Ambassador and Greeter
- Hotel Information Station
- Awards Distribution Station
- Sports Information Station
- Volunteer Check-In
- VIP Events