June 4, 2017 - June 10, 2017
Birmingham Crossplex 2337 Bessemer Road, Birmingham, AL 35208
||50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+
|CAPTAIN / COACH MEETING
1. All first-, second- and third-place winners at a 2016 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2017 National Senior Games.
1. Teams must be of one gender.
2. Team roster shall be limited to 15 persons, including non-playing coaches, non-playing captains, and non-playing bench personnel. Roster changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F.
3. Teams are no longer limited to the number of out-of-state players on their rosters; however roster changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F. It is the captain's responsibility to declare team residency subject to NSGA approval, at the time of registration.
4. All registration and team rules apply to non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel.
5. At the National Senior Games athletes may compete on up to two teams per sport providing that the teams are in different age divisions that are scheduled to play in completely separate sessions.
6. Volleyball will be divided into the following age divisions for both men and women: 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+.
7. Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31, 2017.
|MEDALS / AWARDS
||Awards will be presented for 1 st through 4 th place within each age division. All medals and ribbons MUST be collected during the Games. The NSGA will not mail MEDALS or RIBBONS after the Games.
Age-Division/Event Specific Competition Schedule (printable). The time of events will not be available until after registration closes. Actual Days of Competition may vary, depends on number of registered athletes in each event.
Version : May 30 2016
The qualifying procedures and rules of competition for the 2017 National Senior Games are based upon those set forth by the recognized national governing body for each sport. For the National Senior Games, however, some sport rules have been modified and/or revised in the best interest of the competitors. It is your responsibility to review the new rules in the shaded areas and refresh your knowledge on the existing rules.
Version : January 1, 2016