June 11, 2017
Oak Mountain State Park 200 Terrace Dr. Pelham, AL 35124
Swimming: 400M Freestyle (open water), Cycling: 20K, Road Race: 5K
1. All athletes completing a triathlon at a 2016 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2017 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a triathlon event may qualify for triathlon by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
3. Athletes who reside in a state that does offer the triathlon and does not participate in that state qualifier event can qualify by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
4. Triathlon competitions used for qualifying purposes must adhere to expected standards for the conduct of that sport. All three triathlon elements must be held consecutively on the same day with no scheduled rest
5. Each element must be at least as long as the triathlon event at Nationals (400-Meter Swim, 20K Cycling, 5K Road Race).
Wet Suit Guidelines: Per the guidelines we will have a USA Triathlon Official onsite who will measure the water temperature two hours prior to the start of the race. At that time we will announce to the athletes whether the event will be wet suit legal or not. Wet suits are legal if the temperature is 78 degrees and below.
Sanction: USA Triathlon
A USA Triathlon membership is required to compete in the sport. Athletes who are not members of USA Triathlon must purchase a one-day membership at check-in.
1. Athletes must provide their own bicycles, helmets, running and swim gear, and energy supplements.
2. All equipment must meet USA Triathlon standards.
|MEDALS / AWARDS
||Awards will be presented for 1 st through 8 th place for each event within each age division. All medals and ribbons MUST be collected during the Games. The NSGA will not mail MEDALS or RIBBONS after the Games.
Age-Division/Event Specific Competition Schedule (printable). The time of events will not be available until after registration closes. Actual Days of Competition may vary, depends on number of registered athletes in each event.
Version : May 30 2016
The qualifying procedures and rules of competition for the 2017 National Senior Games are based upon those set forth by the recognized national governing body for each sport. For the National Senior Games, however, some sport rules have been modified and/or revised in the best interest of the competitors. It is your responsibility to review the new rules in the shaded areas and refresh your knowledge on the existing rules.
Version : January 1, 2016