5K - June 6, 2017
5k & 10 K (Time Trials): Oak Mountain State Park 200 Terrace Dr. Pelham, AL 35124.
20K & 40K (Road Races): TBD
5K, 10K (Time Trials)
1. All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at a 2016 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2017 National Senior Games.
2. Athletes who reside in a state that does not offer a 20K or 40K cycling road race may qualify for those events by meeting the “limited” event qualifying criteria in Rule D.
3. Qualifying events must be conducted under the rules for the appropriate event to be used for qualifying. States may conduct a “combined” event, but competitors may not compete in both events when events are combined. Those wishing to collect awards in the 5K or 20K must stop after that portion of the event is complete.
4. Qualifying event must be a stand-alone road race that is not combined with another event (i.e., duathlon or triathlon).
1. Cyclists qualifying in either the 5K or the 10K time trials may enter both time trial events.
2. Cyclists qualifying in either the 20K or the 40K road races at a qualifying games may enter both road races.
3. Cyclists must provide their own bicycles and helmets.
|MEDALS / AWARDS
||Awards will be presented for 1 st through 8 th place for each event within each age division. All medals and ribbons MUST be collected during the Games. The NSGA will not mail MEDALS or RIBBONS after the Games.
Age-Division/Event Specific Competition Schedule (printable). The time of events will not be available until after registration closes. Actual Days of Competition may vary, depends on number of registered athletes in each event.
Version : May 30 2016
The qualifying procedures and rules of competition for the 2017 National Senior Games are based upon those set forth by the recognized national governing body for each sport. For the National Senior Games, however, some sport rules have been modified and/or revised in the best interest of the competitors. It is your responsibility to review the new rules in the shaded areas and refresh your knowledge on the existing rules.
Version : January 1, 2016